GLOBAL WARMING COMPUTER ACTIVITY
YOUR TASK THIS PERIOD:
1.     Complete and hand in the global warming activity (based on an Environment Canada website).   You may type our your answers or write them out by hand.   This will serve as an introduction to our final short unit on climate change.
2.     When the assignment (above) is handed in, you may work on review for Motion Test #2 which will occur tomorrow.   I can provide additional motion problems iif necessary.
As we all know,† global warming is threatening
1. Load the Environmental Protection Agency website:† http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/
PAST CLIMATE CHANGE:
2. Click on the link:† Past Climate Change: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/pastcc.html
3. What major event occurred thousands of years ago when the Earth got really cold?† __________________________________________
4. What do scientists study to find out about climate long ago?
5. What do scientists think may have caused past climate change?
6. Click on the links:† RECENT CLIMATE CHANGE† and the TEMPERATURE CHANGE http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/recenttc.html
7. According to the red bars on the graph, what year did global warming really start to occur?† Click on the graph to make it bigger. ____________________
8. From the paragraph to the right of the bar graph, what signs to we have on Earth that climate change is occurring?
FUTURE CLIMATE CHANGE:
Click on the links:† RECENT CLIMATE CHANGE† and the FUTURE CLIMATE† CHANGE
9. What to the scientists expect to happen in the future regarding climate change?† ______________________________
10. What do we need to do in the future to slow down the rate of temperature increase?†† _______________________________
EFFECTS OF GLOBAL WARMING
Click on the link for the effects of global warming:† http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/effects/index.html
11. For each effect, list ONE specific example of how global warming will affect us:
a. Health†††††††††††††††† _______________________________
b. Agriculture†††††††††† _______________________________
c. Forests††††††††††††††† _______________________________
d. Ecosystems†††††††† _______________________________
e. Water††††††††††††††††† _______________________________
g. Polar Region††††††† _______________________________
h. Extreme Weather _______________________________