SNOW GOOSE DEBATE
1. THE ISSUE:
What is the solution to the snow goose overpopulation problem?
2. "Sharing Session" TIME:
Wednesday, April 23 during period 1
a. Introduction by Mr. Koivu
b. Groups Present Solutions: 2 minutes each:† this will be strictly enforced
1. Government:† Canadian
5. Naturalists / Birdwatchers
6. Native hunters
7. Recreational Hunters
9. Mother Nature
4. Challenge:†††† Groups are expected to challenge the solutions proposed by other groups.† Be aggressive!† You have to attack their solutions to win this debate yourself.††† 2 minutes each, in same order as the presentations.
5. Short Break:††††††† Groups will plan and polish their defense and conclusion.††††† (2 minutes)
6. Defense and Conclusion: ††Groups must prepare a very brief defense ending with a one sentence solution†† (1 minute)
7. Vote:†††††††† You may vote for any solution, including your own.†† You are allowed two votes:†† first place and runner-up.
SNOW GOOSE DEBATE:†† preparation
You will perform the following tasks with your group: